Developing the Talent of Tomorrow
The intermodal industry is experiencing constant change with an ongoing need to fill leadership positions across all sectors of the business. In order for intermodal to enhance its appeal as a transportation option and grow its presence in the shipper’s freight transportation portfolio, developing the next generation of leaders will be critical.
- Foster professional development
- Empower new ideas to sustain intermodal’s continued growth and innovation
- Deliver valuable engagement opportunities with industry veterans
- Offer actionable knowledge about the intermodal industry — past, present and future
Education and Networking
Take advantage of special programming and events designed to further your career goals. Also use these opportunities to share experiences with the program participants and gain valuable industry insight.
Future Intermodal Leader Members
Contact us for more information
- Employed by an IANA member company
- 40 years or younger and have less than 10 years of employment in the intermodal industry as of the date of application
- Making a positive impact on your company, organization, department or team
- Viewed by peers, colleagues, supervisors as exceptional in the intermodal industry
- Access to the quarterly Intermodal Market Trends & Statistics Report
- Subscription to the bi-monthly digital and print editions of Intermodal Insights
- Access to specifically tailored educational programming, site visits and networking events
- Discounted registration fee to the Intermodal EXPO
Industry Leaders of Today - Be a Mentor
For more information, Contact us Online or download the information form.
Education, Career and Leadership Mentoring. The mentor program is a one to one relationship between the mentor and mentee.
Each relationship is to be personalized between the mentor and mentee. Once mentors select their mentees, they will develop a plan that outlines goals/objectives and an action plan. Mentors will periodically be asked to report progress to IANA and to share their successes. Mentors also may be asked to assist in developing activities within the Future Intermodal Leaders program for its members. The mentor program is not an opportunity for employee recruitment.
To provide guidance to mentees on items such as:
- building industry knowledge
- career exploration and development
- understanding corporate cultures
- organizational management
- soft skills and relationship development
- networking opportunities
- leadership development
- work-life balance
Participating as a mentor provides you with the extraordinary ability to further professional growth in the next generation of intermodal leaders by sharing the knowledge and the experiences you have gained over the course of your career.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact Membership at 301-982-3400, option 6 or email@example.com.