IANA is interested in smart, talented and committed individuals who are looking for career opportunities at a unique and dynamic trade association.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We recognize that the success of our business depends on the quality and effectiveness of our people. IANA offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits program that includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, paid holidays, annual and sick leave, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Event PlannerSummary of Position:
This position provides oversight and support of logistics and operations of the Association’s conferences, events and meetings as assigned by the Director, Conferences and Events.Nature and Scope of the Position:
IANA currently holds two events annually, a Business Meeting, and the Intermodal EXPO. This position requires experience for specific activities related to events including but not limited to:
- Housing Management, tracking pick up, special group reservations, and maintenance of historical records
- Logistics for tours, event specification documents, meeting room sets, food and beverage, signage and on-site fulfillment
- Communications with members and attendees, by email, phone or in person
- Reconciliation of vendor and venue billings, and registration, exhibitor and sponsorship revenues, assisting with budget development and tracking for specific line items
- Website development, creation of online forms, and website content
- Event Mobile app management
- Virtual Event platform selection and management
- Sponsorship deliverables management, and support of event sponsorship programs
- Support for AMS event/exhibit modules as needed
- Research potential sites/hotels and logistics for other events of the association committees, board, special working groups, etc.
- Arrange logistics of IANA’s exhibit booth at other industry tradeshows (F&B, A/V, System, furniture, shipping, labor, etc.)
- Keep event SOP’s updated and current to activities of the organization
- Research latest event industry trends and the Intermodal Industry and makes recommendations for possible; Participates in event webinars where applicable:
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of experience providing meeting planning and support within a fast-paced, professional environment; preferably at a trade association.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be customer service/commercially oriented and possess a positive attitude
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to interact with mid to senior corporate executives of organization, Association members and business partners.
- Must be a self-starter, able to follow instructions and make decisions independently, as well as work effectively in a team; must meet assigned deadlines and manage own work schedule.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Highly computer and Internet proficient. Experience and demonstrated proficiency with current versions of Windows.
- Knowledge of Association Management Systems – specifically netForum (highly desired).
- Working knowledge of Desktop publishing programs a plus.
IANA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.