IANA is interested in smart, talented and committed individuals who are looking for career opportunities at a unique and dynamic trade association. The mission of the Association is to promote the benefits of intermodal cargo transportation through advocacy, education and networking. Member companies include ocean carriers, railroads, and motor carriers, third party logistics providers, equipment manufacturers and leasing companies, technology vendors, other industry suppliers, as well as shippers, beneficial cargo owners, academics and public sector representatives.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We recognize that the success of our business depends on the quality and effectiveness of our people. IANA offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits program that includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, paid holidays, annual and sick leave, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS) ANALYST
General Summary of Position
The AMS Analyst will manage all databases, enterprise reporting, and business intelligence solutions, plus be responsible for setting standards, training staff, and documentation for our database functions. The AMS Analyst will actively participate in driving AMS strategy by working closely with departments to establish their information needs, defining technical requirements and procedures for the database to help staff perform their work, defining and building reports, pulling complex and simple queries, and training staff in database use and procedures. The AMS Analyst will be responsible for building collaborative and productive relationships with staff and to be proactive and anticipate organization-wide needs.
The AMS Analyst will be a key member of a team to evaluate current and planned systems needs as the organization overhauls its current systems to increase functionality and productivity. The AMS Analyst will function as part of the larger Member Services department and serve the entire Association, working closely work with the VP of Member Services and AVP of Information Services.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Abila netForum database to maintain the integrity of data to ensure that systems and procedures are taught, understood, and practiced consistently
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new systems, which may include a new CRM, to improve the organization’s ability to manage finances, programs, and data related to daily business
- Create user accounts and managing database user security
- Perform manual updates of information in the database as needed
- Empower and train staff about database-related needs, including updating data with accuracy and consistency to uphold business rules, performing simple queries, running reports, and answering user questions
- Understand the cross-module functions of netForum to determine the impact of database changes on other systems and processes
- Write and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), end user software documentation, and training materials including quick reference guides
- Work with other staff to integrate other software programs with netFORUM and monitor the integration
- Help other departments use netFORUM where possible to streamline currently manual processes thereby increasing productivity
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to maintain healthy interpersonal relationships and collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Broad experience working within an association/nonprofit environment applying database tools
- Dedication to quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience managing systems in hosted environments and working with vendors to troubleshoot problem.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Knowledge of AMS and CRM systems and demonstrable knowledge of Abila netForum, Salesforce, or comparable systems
- Project management experience including leading teams, adhering to timelines, documenting progress, and keeping projects within scope and budget
- Strong communications skills and the ability to bring teams of people together to accomplish a common goal
- Strong Personal Computer (PC) skills and advanced MS Excel skills required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior association/nonprofit experience preferred
IANA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.